Specialized comprehensive psychoeducational assessments
In my practice, I focus exclusively on offering comprehensive individualized psychoeducational assessments for anglophone children or adolescents attending English or French elementary or high schools.
Evaluations involve the administration of various psychological and neuropsychological tests, observation of testing behaviour and work habits, as well as the gathering of information regarding the student's specific developmental, academic, social/emotional, behavioural, medical, and family history.
This extensive assessment will provide a picture of your child's unique profile, including:
- Cognitive abilities
- Processing skills
- Attentional skills
- Executive functioning skills
- Academic achievement (in English or French)
- Social and emotional functioning
The following can then be identified/diagnosed:
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Learning difficulties
- Specific learning disorders (e.g., dyslexia, dysgraphia, etc.)
- Attentional problems (i.e., ADHD, with or without hyperactivity)
- Cognitive weaknesses or intellectual delays/disabilities
- Processing problems
- Behaviour or emotional difficulties
After the assessment process has been completed and results
and recommendations have been provided to you at the
feedback meeting, you may have follow-up questions
or need guidance on the implementation of various
recommendations. Individual sessions can therefore
be arranged on an hourly basis.